|Birth name||Donald Askew, Jr|
|Born||January 6, 1982 (age 31)|
|Origin||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Occupations||Rapper, Songwriter/Publisher, Producer, Promoter, and Actor|
|Labels||Soul Star Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Soulja Boy, Young Buck, Tom Skeemask, Al Kapone, Dondria,Gary Jenkins|
Donald Askew, Jr (born January 6, 1982), better known by his stage name Teflon Don, is an American rapper from Memphis, Tennessee. He became prominent in the hip-hop music scene when his 2008 song “I Represent ft. Tom Skeemask” became popular in his hometown after winning the MemphisRap.com Music Showcase in 2008. Teflon Don became locally recognized through his networking, recordings and music collaborations.
Teflon Don born January 6, 1982 in Memphis, Tennessee to parents Donald Askew Sr., a professional boxer, and Trudy and Maurice Woodard, owners of Strictly Vettes of Memphis. He is the first cousin to Vincent Askew who had a very successful NBA career.
In 2001, following graduating from Oakhaven High School, Teflon Don joined the US Army from 2001-2009 and was deployed to later become anOperation Iraqi Freedom Vet where he was given the alias Teflon Don which he explained in an interview with Fox News’ WHBQ-TV reporter Marcus Hunter and Memphis Sport’s host Kevin Cerrito .
In 2008, Teflon Don entered the MemphisRap.com Music Showcase where he was crowned the winner. In 2009, he releases “God the Government The Game” which brought him a great deal of local success and inks a distribution deal with Selectohits. In 2010, following his win, Teflon Don was nominated as “Best Indie Rap Album of the Year” for his album “God, The Government, The Game“.  at the annual Southern Entertainment Awards. 
In the same year, 2010, movie director David Keary offered Teflon Don a deal to use two of his songs out of his catalog for the independent film “Money Makers“. Later that year, movie director Ryan Watt contacted Teflon Don for three songs for the movie “Daylight Fades”  which all led up to Teflon Don being the first independent hip-hop artist with a video game deal with Rock Band Network/Harmonix Music for all future Rock Band Games. 
Teflon Don later signed a contract with business manager Leighala Jiminez and personal manager Miami Mike inwhich he assigned John T Brown to assist as the road manager for Teflon Don’s career.
In 2011, Teflon Don filed a lawsuit against rapper Rick Ross for his use of the name,   filing a copyright infringement trademark infringement lawsuit in a Tennessee Federal Court. The case is currently pending.
On January 1, 2013 E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY opposed the Teflon Don Trademark with The Trademark Trial and Appeal Court. Stay tuned to www.uspto.gov for for details…Discography
- Studio albums
- Life of a Struggler (2006)
- God, The Government, The Game (2009)
- M.E.M.P.H.I.S Grizzlies (2009)
- M.E.M.P.H.I.S Grizzlies (Remix) (2010)
- 3 In The Morning ft. Antonio Cooke (2011)
- You Are The One ft. J. Harris (2012)
- What About Memphis ft. Chilly Bill (2013)
- Go Grizzlies ft. Rick Trotter (2013)
- TV Shows
- Video Games
- 2012: Rock Band 3
- Theme Songs
- 2009: 730 Fox Sports by Teflon Don for the Chris Vernon Show
- M.E.M.P.H.I.S Grizzlies by Teflon Don (2009)
- M.E.M.P.H.I.S Grizzlies by Teflon Don (Remix) (2010)
- 2010:Memphis Car Audio by Teflon Don for the Memphis Car Audio company.
- 2013: Go Grizzlies ft. Rick Trotter
Awards and nominations
MemphisRap.com Music Showcase
|2008||Teflon Don||“Showcase Winner 1st Place”||Won|
Southern Entertainment Awards
|2010||Teflon Don||Best Indie Rap Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2011||Teflon Don||Impact Artist of the Year||Pending|
|2011||Teflon Don||Song of the Year||Pending|
- Army Lapel Button in 2001
- National Defense Service Medal in 2001
- Army Service Ribbon in 2001
- Iraq Campaign Medal with Two Bronze Stars in 2004
- Global War on Terrorism in 2004
- ^ a b MemphisRapTV.com Spends ‘2 Minutes’ with Teflon Don, Winner of MemphisRap.com Showcase MemphisRap.com
- ^ a b Memphis Hip Hop Artist Teflon Don Joins the Rock Band Family Rap Newswire
- ^ Two rappers at odds over ‘Teflon Don’ Tri-State Defender
- ^ Teflon Don visits MSL to talk about his lawsuit against Memphis Madness performer Rick Ross Memphis Sport
- ^ God, The Government, The Game Amazon.com
- ^ 2010 SEA Nominees SouthernEntAwards.com
- ^ a b Allen, Chris. “It’s about grinding up for Teflon Don”. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ Ramirez, Erika. “Rick Ross, DJ Khaled & More Being Sued for ‘Teflon Don’ Name”. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Teflon Don (rapper)|
- Official website
- Teflon Don on Twitter
- The Line Up with Teflon Don and John Paul Keith by The Vinyl District
- Rapper Teflon Don, Miami Mike Talk Rick Ross, Soulja Boy, VH1 Hip Hop Honors with MemphisRap.com
- Rick Ross Sued Over Teflon Don Moniker by BET
- Introducing: a rising star in local rap by Memphis Flyer
- Teflon Don puts in work to make rap career stick by Go Memphis
- Teflon Don Black History by Commercial Appeal
- Teflon Don to debut his new Grizzlies song on Memphis Sport Live by Memphis Sport
- 60 Secs with Teflon Don by Live From Memphis
- Don Inks Ringtone Deal With VIO Mobile; Plans Album Release Party
- Introducing Memphis Hustler Teflon Don’s “Life of a Struggler”